The Quality Assurance Inspector's primary responsibility is to perform in-process and final inspection of product to assure quality parts leave the facility. Proficiently use company equipment-X-ray, permascope, gages, and other applicable thickness testing equipment to verify product requirements. In addition to the technical experience, we are looking for candidates who have strong coordination/multi-tasking abilities, positive attitude, excellent work ethic, and a strong commitment to safety and quality. Responsibilities for optimizing production resources (people and equipment) to ensure customer delivery requirements are met without compromising safety, environmental compliance or quality. There are currently openings on 1st and 2nd shift (approximate hours 6am – 2:30pm and 2pm-10:30pm with some flexibility on the start and top times, Monday-Friday) with overtime available as necessary. Starting pay is $14.00+ depending on experience. The 2nd shift position qualifies for a shift differential in addition to the stated starting rate.
- Perform review of travelers against PO to make sure that customer requirements are met.
- Proficiently uses company equipment-X-ray, permascope, gages, and other applicable thickness testing equipment.
- Verify and/or perform lot testing, final inspection and certify product. (Including workmanship, thickness, adhesion and any others as required by IC, SP, PS, traveler, or customer PO).
- Refer to traveler instructions and carry out directions as written.
- Accurately interprets blueprint or sketch information as required.
- Accurately records final inspection testing results on inspection record.
- Review completed operations, ensure that the verification lines have been completed, customer has been contacted where required when rework has been performed, and PIF’s submitted if needed.
- Works with production to initiate Customer Problem Reports with support from Quality Technicians & Engineers.
- Communicate concerns regarding the plating baths and/or any process issues as needed.
1st Shift: 6:00am – 2:30pm (Mon-Fri)*
2nd Shift: 2:00pm – 10:30pm (Mon-Fri)*
*There is some flexibility on start/stop times. Overtime available as needed.
The starting wage is $12.00/hour + DOE. The 2nd shift has an additional shift differential not included in the starting wage. A quarterly profit sharing bonus based on company financial goals can pay up to 6% of employee earnings.
Production Assistants are responsible for supporting Platers in maximizing tank output with limited waste in a safe, environmentally conscious, quality driven environment. Production Assistants unpack, inspect, and prepare/rack parts for production. Production Assistants play roles in the cycling of parts from tank to tank and perform other duties such as drying, inspecting, transporting and packing parts.
Plater Trainees learn the art and science of metal finishing while working side by side with subject matter experts. Platers progress thru levels of different finishes learning the chemical and electrical make-up in the process of plating parts.
- Consistently work in a safe manner utilizing personal protective equipment and trained procedures to ensure personal safety and the safety of co-workers.
- Successfully completes training modules and demonstrates proficiency in assigned duties.
- Keeps accurate account of own time within system provided
- Retrieves and follows shop traveler.
- Follows prescribed methods and order for completing tasks to ensure all specs are met.
- Utilizes equipment to inspect and identify quality defects
- Cleans, plugs, blasts, masks, paints, processes, packs parts per traveler instructions.
- Accurately interprets diagram information or blueprints and carries out instructions as written.
- Initiates Production Improvement Form (PIF) upon discovering a discrepancy on a traveler.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.