Chemical Lab Technician- 2nd Shift
The Chemical Lab Technician plays a critical technical role in the plating process conducted by operations. This hands on position requires strong chemical knowledge, an ability to follow strict standards and the flexibility to work in a team environment with little room for error. Acumen in testing and calibration to maintain bath life to insure quality, consistency and safety. This position is 2nd shift (approximate hours 2pm-1030pm Monday- Friday with some flexibility on start/stop times) with overtime available as necessary. Starting rate is $15.00+ depending on experience.
- Perform testing requirements in accordance with ISO and Nadcap procedures along with bath analysis according to analysis schedule; Including: Titrations, Atomic Absorption analysis, pH and Dye analysis (spectrophotometer).
- Test & problem solve chemical processes, as well as weighing, measuring & adding chemicals to plating baths.
- Communicate concerns regarding the plating baths and/or any process issues, utilize Process Down Log.
- Maintain accurate records and communicate with internal & external customers.
- Properly organize, document and file analysis and addition data.
- Performs purification, freeze out, bath filtrations and treatments on the solutions as scheduled.
- Perform Hull Cell testing and interpret results to maintain optimum bath performance and/or correct bath problems
- Participate on cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop best practices.
- Perform R&D testing as assigned on potential new or replacement products and/or equipment.